Save the Children
Save the Children is the world's largest independent children’s organization, making immediate and long-lasting improvements to children's lives in over 120 countries worldwide.
Save the Children has a long history of working in partnership in Somalia and it is one of the leading INGO's working in Somalia for the rights of children. Save the Children has a unified presence in Somalia since January 2010 and is working in the thematic areas of education (including skills training for youth), health, protection and emergency responses. Save the children has an operation in Somaliland, Puntland and South Central Somalia.
Employer: Save the Children
Job Title: Information Technology Officer - SOMALILAND - Hargeisa Featured job
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Computer and Information Technology
Save the Children has a long history of engagement in Somalia and in Somaliland stretching as far back as 1954. Since 2000, both Save the Children Denmark and Save the Children UK have been working in Somaliland. In the past two years, Save the Children Finland has been financially supporting the work of both Save the Children Denmark and Save the Children UK in Somalia/Somaliland. From January 2010 SC UK, SC Denmark and SC Finland unified and formed Save the Children under the global initiative of Unified Presence of Save the Children. From November 1st 2012 all save the children members are unified and formed SCI were Save the children in Somaliland is member of SCI countries.
Position title: Information Technology Officer - SOMALILAND
Report to: Area Support Service Manager
Duty Station : Hargeisa
Salary Grade : 5
Duration : 12 Months
IT Officer is responsible for operations, management, and improvement of IT systems and equipment’s in Somaliland field office. Works in close collaboration with support functions, , Programme and project teams in Somaliland to improve and innovate IT tools to support the staff in collaborates with IT Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Ensures implementation of IT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· To be the lead in learning and development of staff in use of IT Tools/Resources that will help improve efficiency in delivery and build capacity of staff in resolving some minor day-to-day issues.
· Ensure adequate induction of new staff on all IT Policies and provide IT services in a timely manner e.g. creation of new email addresses for staff
· Responsible for setting up systems to secure data and communications.
Planning and Budgeting
· Plan, budget and account for the area IT expenditure
· Coordinate and contribute to the development of the county IT strategy and IT budget
· Review and liaise with the ITM on any IT needs and capacity building for staff
Ensures effective functioning of the field office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
· Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all SC hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
· Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
· Ensure monthly reports are made to the Area Support Services Manager and Area Representative on general status of IT.
Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment
· Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the SC desktop/Laptops and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks;
· Response to user needs and questions regarding network access
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Internal: All Staff of SC Somaliland , consultants and Visitors
External: Line Ministries, Government Authorities and partners
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Essential requirements:
Degree or Diploma in IT from a reputable institution with atleast 3 years in experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
Familiar with all the day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organisation, with specific areas of the role involving: familiarity with Windows and MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); trouble shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows based network (LAN) and servers; good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration, antivirus software for workstations and servers etc.
Good communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision and willingness to work in a team environment.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children's work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children's rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children's Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Applications should be forwarded electronically only to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Save the Children
Latest date for receiving applications is 15th December, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Only short listed individuals will be notified.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Publish date: 2013-12-07 16:55:21
Premium Job: Yes
Expiry date: 2013-12-22 16:55:00