Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 30 Sep 2014
****TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Asset Management Associate Place of Performance Mogadishu, Somalia Contract Duration 3 months (with possible extension) Starting Date ASAP
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG Global is a managed service company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations and corporates that enables public and private sectors to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Our client is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. The Cluster is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with rules and regulations. It is headed by the Cluster Chief who has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the Mine Action Cluster on behalf of its clients.
Somalia Mine Action supports mine and explosive remnants of war (ERW) clearance activities, awareness programming, contamination survey and coordination for mine action activities throughout Somalia. Somalia Mine Action works closely with other UN Agencies, local communities and humanitarian and development actors to ensure a sustainable and effective response to explosive contamination in Somalia, with priority on improving the lives of people living in affected communities, and ensuring national capacity development for a long term solution to the problem. In Somaliland and Puntland, capacity development has been carried out for the Somaliland Mine Action Centre SMAC, the Police EOD, the Puntland Mine Action Centre and the Puntland EOD. The Programme has an office in Nairobi to provide managerial and support functions for the Regional Offices in Somalia.
The Asset Management Associate reports to the Asset Management Officer as his/her direct supervisor. He / her Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Supervise the shipment of all Program and Contractor assets, following RIR protocol and liaising closely with external organizations to ensure accurate deliveries and records.
· Supervise the monitoring and updating of the computerized inventory; cross-checking with physical verification.
· Prepare reports and correspondence as needed.
· Receipt and inspection of all delivered assets from contractors, suppliers in conjunction with the Logistics Assistant and under the supervision of the PSO.
· Manage inspection of all stores and equipment for correct quantity, quality, damage, completeness, and serviceability, with direction from PSO.
· Ensure all stored assets are securely kept, protected from elements, well-organized, and properly accounted for.
· Manage stock take of stores on a monthly basis or whenever requested by the Support Service office.
· Manage the asset database to ensure all items are correctly recorded against the correct project number and the correct documentation is supported for each item.
· Responsible for asset and inventory management of all the expendable and non-expendable items under each project in order to maintain accurate records for accountability as well as handover of equipment when appropriate.
· Ensure that a register for assets, non-expendable property and equipment for office is established and maintained/updated on an ongoing basis and the asset lists are updated monthly.
· Weekly reports are submitted to Support Service office.
· Provide overall management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of assets and non-expendable property and equipment and ensure that physical verification of assets and equipment is performed on a regular schedule.
· Ensure any discrepancies are fully investigated and resolved using the Loss and Damage process.
· Implement and maintain sound asset management and inventory control system in accordance with UNOPS Asset Management policy.
· Supervise and manage the Asset Management Assistants.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
· Written Performance Evaluation at the end of the contract period.
· Assets are managed in an efficient and effective manner.
· Accurate 100% Asset verification report at the end of 2014.
4. Final Product
100% Asset verification report at the end of 2014.
Accurate asset management database.
RADT forms submitted for all unserviceable assets.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
A Bachelor’s degree and or Certificate in combination with relevant years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
· Specialized certification in Asset Management and or in logistics field is desired.
· Minimum of 5 years experience the field of Asset Management working the UN, NGO, humanitarian agency, police, military
· Experience in logistics area and experience in managing camps is desirable.
· Experience in asset management systems an advantage.
· Valid driving license.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.); ( is MANDATORY)
· Knowledge of UN rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
· Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty
· Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
· Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
· Experience in handling of web-based management systems
· Be able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
· Able to work under pressure while maintain a professional sense of humor and discipline
How to apply:
<< Back to job listings